Traditional medicine for the treatment of diseases offers the use of simple and affordable products, herbs, plant extracts, essential oils. Very popular is the honey-lemon combination. It includes only two ingredients that have been available at all times and have shown good results in the fight against various ailments. Today, these products have not lost their relevance and valuable qualities.
Useful properties of honey with lemon
This combination of fruits and bee products has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and wound healing effects. Honey with lemon can act as a prophylactic for colds and flu. They help lose weight, prevent the risk of vitamin deficiency, remove toxins from the body, and strengthen the cardiovascular system. The secret of such a variety of beneficial properties lies in the composition of these products.
The benefits of lemon
Our ancestors used lemon not only as a spice, but also prepared various medicines from this fruit, not even knowing how many useful elements for the body are hidden in its composition. Modern scientists have found that inside the fruit contains:
- Phosphorus. He participates in the processes of bone tissue formation, is necessary to maintain the normal condition of the teeth. The chemical element has a beneficial effect on the state of capillaries, heart muscle, strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Most of the daily rate of ascorbic acid. It is necessary for immunity, helps fight viruses and bacteria.
- Lemon acid. The body needs it to retain silicon in the cells and tissues of the body. Regular use of citric acid prevents the premature aging of cartilage and joints, and reduces the risk of kidney stones. With external use, a lemon will help lighten hair, get rid of redness, the effects of acne and pigmentation.
- Vitamin B. Helps fight depression, normalizes sleep, relieves acne and dandruff.
- Vitamin A. Responsible for good vision, water-alkaline balance of the mucous membranes and skin.
- Pectins and fiber. The combination normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, eliminates constipation.
In addition, lemon juice contains components that help cells absorb oxygen better, positively affect the functioning of the nervous system and increase mental activity. Flavonoids, phytocins, essential oils, glycosides are present in citrus fruit. Sugar is presented in the form of sucrose, glucose and lactose. No less presentable is the mineral composition - sulfur, chlorine, calcium, potassium, magnesium. It is complemented by a complex of trace elements - boron, molybdenum, manganese, iron.
The healing properties of honey
There are many benefits from beekeeping products for humans. Among the hundreds of reasons why this product should be included in the diet, it is worth highlighting several:
- It contains almost all the chemical elements necessary for the body, including enzymes, amino acids, organic acids, flavonoids, cobalt, tin, lithium and chromium. Just one tablespoon of this sweet treat can make up the daily intake of proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- It is necessary for the normal functioning of the heart and good circulation, prevents the development of varicose veins.
- The product has pronounced antiseptic properties, which are equally manifested in both external and internal use. It relieves inflammation, supports the immune system, and promotes accelerated recovery from colds.
- It will help relieve headaches, and will contribute to the speedy healing of wounds.
Honey and lemon in folk medicine
Doctors recommend taking a useful mixture on an empty stomach, and its effect will not only be to cleanse the body and increase immunity, the mood will rise from a pleasant taste, drowsiness will pass. The combination of honey with lemon has a positive effect on the state of the nervous system. Scientists have found that people who regularly eat these foods are less likely to suffer from depression, they have good memory and increased performance.
They will be useful for the heart, eliminate pressure drops, help restore skin elasticity, strength to nails, and shine of hair. From a medical point of view, it is advisable to take such fruit mixtures and drinks if:
- vitamin deficiency;
- metabolic disorders;
- respiratory viral infections;
- increased nervous excitability;
- impaired liver function;
To get rid of a cough, you can buy various expectorants in a pharmacy with chemical or natural compounds. Simple and quick products, such as honey with lemon, can quickly and efficiently cope with this task. They will not only clean the bronchi, but also protect against repeated attacks of viruses and bacteria. An antitussive agent is prepared in the following way:
- Pour half a kilogram of citrus with boiling water, cut into small cubes. Do not remove the peel, but remove the bones so that the mixture is not bitter.
- The resulting mass is completely filled with liquid honey, mix.
- Remove the mass to insist in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Lemon with honey for cough, take 1 tbsp. l., dissolving in the mouth, three times a day until the symptoms disappear completely.
With fatigue and anemia
Anemia is a disease characterized by insufficient hemoglobin in red blood cells. Its clear signs are: pallor, weakness, fatigue, dizziness, tinnitus, shortness of breath. A good recipe will help get rid of anemia and increase performance:
- Mix in equal proportions cognac, liquid honey natural, lemon, beetroot, cranberry and carrot juices. To preserve all the beneficial substances in citrus fruits and vegetables, squeeze the liquid from them immediately before preparing the drink.
- Cover the container with a lid or cling film, put in a dark place to insist for 2-3 days.
- Mix the finished mass again. Take 50 grams three times a day before meals for a month.
For cleaning vessels
Improper nutrition, taking certain medications, a sedentary lifestyle, heredity - these and some other factors contribute to the deposition of cholesterol in the vessels, contribute to the development of various cardiovascular diseases. To avoid this it is necessary: to normalize your diet, lead an active lifestyle, regularly undergo a medical examination, and the following recipe will help get rid of plaques that have already begun to form:
- Pour the peel of two citrus boiling water. Blot them with a napkin.
- Cut the fruit into small cubes or mince.
- Mix 200 ml of honey with lemon, add a pinch of dry ginger to them.
- Mix the mixture thoroughly, remove to infuse at room temperature for two days.
- Take the syrup on an empty stomach in the morning, diluting 1 tsp. mix with a glass of warm water.
- The course of vessel cleaning is 2 weeks.
With a cold
Due to its anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects, an acidic yellow fruit can be safely recommended as the main tool for combating viruses and bacteria. And the point here is not only in the huge amount of ascorbic acid that is found in every citrus fruit, but also in a substance called citrine. It contributes to better absorption of vitamin C, relieving aches in joints, improving the well-being of the patient with flu and colds, cleansing the intestines - removes toxins from the body.
There are many different cough recipes. Try lemon with honey for colds in this way:
- On low heat, boil one whole fruit for 10 minutes.
- Cool it to a temperature pleasant for the body, squeeze the juice.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of glycerin purchased in advance at the pharmacy to the acidic mass.
- Add 1-1.5 tbsp. l fresh flower honey, mix thoroughly.
- You need to take lemon and honey for colds, 1 teaspoon three times a day. If you suffer from a severe cough, you can increase the number of receptions to four.
- The duration of treatment is until the unpleasant symptoms of a cold disappear completely.
Constant pressure surges cause severe headache, weakness, fatigue and significantly reduce the quality of life. Honey-lemon mixture will help to cope with this problem. For people who are sensitive to weather changes, doctors may recommend keeping a tasty medicine in the refrigerator all the time. To cook it you need:
- Take 4 heads of garlic, honey with lemon (½ liter and 5 pieces).
- Wash fruits well, cut, twist together with zest in a meat grinder or grind with a blender.
- Pass the garlic through a press, mix with other components of the medicine.
- Stir everything thoroughly, put in the refrigerator for one week.
- Take a mixture of 1 teaspoon for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
A decrease in the body's defenses leads to an increased risk of getting the flu, a cold, or SARS, and can provoke an exacerbation of chronic diseases that are in remission before this time. To improve health, you need to prepare a mixture of honey with lemon, dried apricots, raisins, walnuts:
- Peel 1 cup walnuts. Pour boiling water over one citrus, remove the seeds.
- Steam for 10 minutes dried apricots with raisins, taken in 1 glass.
- Pass all prepared ingredients through a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
- Add the remaining products, mix.
- Store in a glass container in the refrigerator.
- The mixture should be used for prophylaxis in seasons of exacerbation of infectious-viral diseases. The optimal daily dosage is 3 tbsp. l. divided into 3 doses.
For weight loss
All strict mono-diets designed to lose excess weight have one significant drawback - if they are observed, the body losing weight lacks the necessary vitamins and minerals. Lemon-honey water will help eliminate this problem. In addition, the aromatic mixture will support the body, give strength and make up for the lack of energy. This beekeeping product by itself helps to better process fat, and citrus fruit helps relieve swelling, removing excess fluid from tissues.
Even such a cocktail cannot be taken too often, it is high-calorie - 104 kcal per 200 ml of drink. On the day you need to drink only 1 cup of water mixed with 40 ml of lemon juice and 1 tsp. honey, half an hour before a meal. If the dose is exceeded, the weakened gastrointestinal mucosa can suffer: digestion is disturbed, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea will appear. With a long diet, the course of taking the drink is a week after a week. If the effect is weak, try adding other healthy products to the list of ingredients.
With ginger and cinnamon
Kindle internal fire - this is the name of ginger in Ayurveda science lovers. The name simultaneously characterizes its taste and indicates the ability to burn subcutaneous fat. By adding lemon-honey syrup to ginger, you can be sure that the body will not only be better able to tolerate the weight loss program, but will also receive the necessary vitamin and mineral supplement. Based on these components, tea is prepared:
- A small ginger root is peeled, frayed with large holes.
- The resulting mass is transferred to a thermos.
- Add to the mixture 2 tsp. leafy green tea, pour warm water into a thermos.
- After the tea is infused, the liquid is filtered through a sieve.
- Honey and lemon are added to it, taken in a ratio of 1 piece to 6 tablespoons.
- Tea is drunk in small portions, dividing 1 liter of drink into 3-4 doses. Such a drink is also suitable for fasting days.
This product is rich in essential oils, which not only give it an incomparable aroma, but also stimulate the production of gastric juice. Like citrus fruits, celery contains vitamins of groups C, E, B. It contains calcium, phosphorus, sodium, purine, and folic acid. The product suppresses the processes of fermentation and decay in the intestine, has the ability to reduce blood sugar, which is why it has gained popularity among losing weight.
There are many recipes for making healthy drinks based on it. Those who want to lose 2 to 5 extra pounds can try to make the following cocktail:
- 5 large lemons cut in half, remove the seeds.
- To citruses, add peeled, finely chopped kilogram of celery.
- Grind the components with a blender until smooth.
- Thoroughly mix 1 cup of honey with lemon and celery in a spoon.
- Put the medicine in the refrigerator for three days, after tightly corking the container with a plastic lid.
- Take the finished product 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach half an hour before meals.
The use of lemon honey mixture in cooking
Due to the specific aromas and taste, acidic citrus and aromatic bee products are actively used in the preparation of various dishes. They are part of numerous baked goods, desserts and confectionery: cookies, gingerbread, marmalade, confiture, pastille, jam. Spicy marinades for chicken or meat are prepared from honey with lemon. Lemon-nut cream for cake is very tender, but nutritious. Prepare it like this:
- Soften a packet of butter, and then whisk with a whisk until a fluffy mass is obtained.
- Continuing to beat, add honey and lemon to the mixture, mixed in a ratio of 100 grams per 25 ml of freshly squeezed juice.
- Peel walnuts in an amount of 100 grams, fry in a pan or in the oven, chop.
- Add nuts to the oil mixture, if you wish, you can put more dried fruit. Let the cream brew for half an hour.
When a blizzard rages on the street, adults can prepare fragrant mulled wine for themselves to maintain immunity. The recipe for this spicy warming drink is simple:
- Cut a quarter of a lemon and half an orange into slices.
- Transfer fruits to a stewpan, pour 75 ml of water. Add cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, a little grated ginger.
- Boil spices with citrus over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Use a sieve to get rid of unnecessary products.
- Mix a warm fruit mixture with 400 ml of warm red wine and 1 tsp. liquid honey.
Application in cosmetology
If you read the composition of modern cosmetics, it will almost always contain lemon-honey extract. It's all about the amazing properties of the products. Masks for face, body and hair have a rejuvenating effect, help eliminate dandruff, get rid of small facial wrinkles, whiten and nourish the skin, improve complexion, support the beauty of hair. The honey-lemon combination of ingredients, due to its antibacterial effect, is often used in the preparation of homemade masks, lotions, acne tonics.
If you mix lemon juice, a fragrant beekeeping product with burdock oil and beaten egg, you get an excellent nutritious hair mixture. It is easy to apply, does not drain and strengthens hair from roots to ends. Burdock oil restores the structure of the hair, prevents brittleness, prevents split ends. After the first use of the mask, your curls will become soft, obedient and silky. To prepare it, follow the step-by-step recipe:
- Heat 2 tbsp. l burdock oil to a temperature of 40 degrees.
- Add to it honey with lemon, taken in the same amount, a beaten egg.
- Stir the ingredients with a wooden spatula until smooth.
- Spread over the entire length of the hair.
- Leave the mask for forty minutes, covering your head with a warm cloth.
- After a while, carefully remove the residues, washing off the mass under running warm water.
Lemon with olive oil and honey for the face
The composition of olive oil contains natural antioxidants and fatty acids, which are necessary for normal metabolism within the tissues, capable of stopping the external aging of the body. Make sure the benefits of olive oil for the face yourself by preparing a cleansing mask:
- On 1 tbsp. l olive oil take 1.5 tbsp. l a mixture of honey with lemon, taken in a ratio of 2 to 1.
- Apply the product on the face with soft circular movements, avoiding the area around the eyes.
- Soak the cosmetic product on the skin for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
- Finally, apply a moisturizer to your face.
- Use such a mask 1-2 times a week.
This recipe is suitable for those who have oily skin, prone to the appearance of acne, acne, comedones. If your skin is dry or combination type, it is better to add softening ingredients to the composition - egg, sour cream, natural yogurt. Before applying the mixture to the skin, be sure to conduct an allergy test by dropping a little mask on the bend of the elbow. If itching, burning, redness, or other allergic reaction does not occur, the composition is suitable for you.
This cosmetic product is suitable for those who want to get rid of age spots, relieve inflammation, remove freckles. A competent combination of healthy products will saturate the skin with vitamins and help prevent premature aging. The recipe for a whitening mask:
- Mix 1 tbsp. l lemon juice with 2 tbsp. l last year’s thick honey.
- Apply the resulting mixture on cheesecloth, folded in several layers. Place the tissue on your face.
- Soak the mask for 15-20 minutes, then wash with warm water.
- So that after the procedure the skin does not begin to peel off, apply a moisturizer to the face.
Honey wraps with lemon and cinnamon
One of the effective means to combat cellulite on the hips and buttocks is body wrap. The procedure improves blood circulation in the problem area, promotes the removal of excess fluid from the tissues. After wrapping, the skin becomes smooth, soft, silky to the touch. To achieve the optimal result, dietitians who wish to lose weight are recommended to combine the procedure with diet and physical activity.
There are many wrapping options - with mustard, ground coffee beans, cayenne pepper, ginger. The classic recipe of four ingredients is popular with women:
- Mix one and a half cups of liquid honey with 3 tbsp. l lemon juice, 1 tbsp. l citrus zest, 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- Apply mass to problem areas by gently massaging the muscles with your hands.
- Wrap a piece of body with cling film, lie down and cover with a blanket.
- After 30-40 minutes, rinse off the mask with warm water without using soap.
Contraindications and side effects
The benefits of honey with lemon are undeniable, but they can provoke the appearance of side effects and have several contraindications. Bee products themselves are a strong allergen, so before starting treatment, you should make sure that they are not allergic. Honey with a lemon and those with poor enamel, sensitive gums, or if you have recently undergone a teeth whitening procedure will not benefit. Absolute contraindications for the use of this combination is the presence of the following diseases or conditions of the body:
- an ulcer or gastritis in the acute stage;
- chronic inflammation of the pancreas;
- individual intolerance;
- bronchial asthma;
As with any treatment, the dosage should be observed while taking honey with lemon. The daily dose of the mixture for adults should not exceed 200 grams, children are allowed to eat up to 70 g of wholesome foods. So that the finished compounds are not oxidized, they can only be stored in glass or plastic containers. Extra care should be taken when taking beekeeping products for those patients who suffer from increased acidity of the stomach.
Natalya, 36 years old. I constantly try to lose weight, but lost kilograms gradually come back. Recently, a friend advised to try to drink lemon-honey water in the morning. I drank a cocktail for a month, and the effect was fixed by diet and fitness. During this time, dropped 5 pounds, even began to feel much better.
Margarita, 34 years old As a child, my grandmother always said that in winter there is no better cure for colds, coughs and sore throats than garlic and honey-lemon mixture. I grew up, but I always keep a useful mass in case someone from the family gets sick. It can be difficult to make a child take a pill, and they eat a tasty healing treat with pleasure.
Tatyana, 29 years old. I regularly make myself honey face masks. From the additional ingredients I take eggs, sometimes oatmeal - a soft scrub is obtained. Masks help me fight acne, remove excess shine, and improve skin color. The main thing is not to overdo it. The optimal number of procedures is 1-2 per week, otherwise the skin dries up and begins to peel off.