Inflammatory lesions of the serous membrane of the lungs (pleurisy) can have a variety of etiologies. Pathology is manifested by cough, shortness of breath, weakness, chest pain and other symptoms. If symptoms are found, you must urgently consult a doctor to prevent complications.
The onset of pulmonary pleurisy often has similar symptoms with colds.
Pathology is characterized by some distinguishing features that will help differentiate it from SARS. Common symptoms of lung pleurisy:
- Acute, severe pain that occurs when moving, coughing, sneezing, talking, deep breathing. Often localized in the zone of one lung.
- Pain in the abdomen, neck, shoulders (with the further development of pathology).
- Dry cough that intensifies pain.
The development of dry pleurisy occurs at the initial stage of the inflammatory process in the lung membrane. Reactive involvement of the lymphatic, blood vessels, allergic component provoke the appearance of the following symptoms:
- pain in the chest, arising or growing with a deep breath;
- increase in body temperature;
- dry cough caused by irritation of the nerve endings of the pleura of the lung with fibrin.
Pleurisy of this type can occur with tissue damage by infectious agents, opening a lung abscess into the pleural cavity. Pathology is characterized by the following symptoms:
- pain, a feeling of heaviness in the side;
- shortness of breath, shortness of breath;
- weakness, fever.
With this type of pathology, fluid accumulates in the pleural cavity of the lungs. The following signs of pleurisy occur:
- intense pain in the chest area, aggravated by movements, coughing, deep breathing;
- pallor of the skin;
- mucosal cyanosis;
- pressure reduction;
- compensatory tachycardia.
The clinical manifestations of the tuberculous type of pathology are associated with the features of the course of inflammation of the pleura and lungs. The following symptoms are characteristic of the disease:
- a sharp increase in temperature;
- pain in the side;
- excessive sweating;
Such a pathology of the lungs can have a different clinical picture: from absence to pronounced symptoms. Osumkovannaya pleurisy is characterized by:
- pain in the chest area;
- discomfort when swallowing;
- shortness of breath
Treatment of pleurisy of the lungs
The treatment regimen for pneumonia of the membrane of the lungs depends on the type of disease and its symptoms. The treatment has the following features:
- With the pathology caused by the infection, antibiotics are prescribed. If pleurisy is allergic, antihistamines are prescribed.
- In the early stages of pulmonary fibrinosis, warming half-alcohol compresses, electrophoresis with calcium chloride are used.
- Physiotherapy is performed to treat the exudative type of pathology in the phase of fluid resorption. Measures are aimed at reducing adhesions in the pleura, accelerating the output of exudate.
- In the acute phase of pulmonary fibrinosis, ultraviolet irradiation, infrared light heating in the chest area, and paraffin applications are recommended, which are recommended to be performed daily. When the period of acute inflammation ends, electrophoresis with iodine and calcium is prescribed. 30 days after recovery, the patient needs recovery procedures: massage, swimming, exercise therapy.
- Patients need a balanced diet that contains a lot of proteins and vitamins.
- To restore the activity of the lungs after a course of treatment, special breathing exercises are prescribed, walks in the fresh air, yoga, moderate physical activity are shown.
Therapy of pathology in adults is carried out in a hospital. The doctor needs to remove the symptoms of pleural inflammation, improve the patient's condition. Treatment in adults is a complex of measures:
- bed rest, special diet;
- prescribing medications;
- drainage (fluid pumping) procedure - if necessary;
- folk remedies;
- surgical intervention (if indicated).
Treatment of pleurisy in the elderly is carried out only in a hospital. The treatment regimen is chosen, taking into account the characteristics of the body, the presence of chronic diseases. During treatment, it is important to provide support for the kidneys, liver, heart. Medications are prescribed, the action of which is aimed at relieving symptoms, eliminating the cause of the pathology. Elderly with pleurisy of the lungs are additionally prescribed physiotherapy (electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, physiotherapy exercises).
The basis of treatment is medication. They help to eliminate the etiological factor, pleural inflammation, and alleviate the patient's condition. The following groups of drugs are used:
- antibiotics (Gentamicin, Ceftriaxone, Amoxicillin);
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and pain medications (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Analgin);
- immunostimulants (Polyoxidonium, Lycopid, extracts of echinacea, ginseng, eleutherococcus);
- glucocorticosteroids (prednisone, hydrocortisone);
- diuretics (furosemide, spironolactone);
- antitussive (Sinecode, Libexin, Codelac);
- cardiovascular (Lisinopril, Amlodipine).
Nutrition for pleurisy of the lungs should be aimed at reducing the reactivity of the body, stopping inflammatory processes. An important rule is to limit your intake of salt and carbohydrates. The diet must be saturated with calcium. When prescribing a diet, the doctor may recommend a reduction in the amount of fluid consumed to 0.5-0.7 l / day. The following products will benefit the body with pleurisy:
- fruits and berries (apricots, citrus fruits, cherries, plums, black currants, rose hips);
- milk and dairy products (cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream);
- carrots (boiled);
- a fish;
- liver, kidneys.
Surgical treatment of pleurisy of the lungs is carried out with a severe course of the disease or the ineffectiveness of conservative therapy. Indications for surgery:
- incomplete emptying of the erupted abscess, prolonged discharge of pus;
- extensive clots of fibrin in the pleural cavity;
- multiple infectious foci.
Often, surgery is required for chronic purulent pleurisy. Depending on the clinical picture, the following types of surgical treatment are used:
- lung decortication - removal of scars of the pleura of a dense structure that interfere with the expansion of the organ;
- pleurectomy - a parietal pleural sheet is removed from the inside of the sternum;
- thoracoplasty - retraction of the chest wall is ensured by complete excision or subperiostal resection of the ribs.
How to treat pleurisy folk remedies
Before you begin treatment of inflammation of the membrane of the lungs with folk remedies, it must be borne in mind that such a method can only be used as part of complex therapy. Take measures yourself is prohibited. Treatment should be carried out only under the supervision of a physician. With this pathology, the following tools are effective:
- Squeeze the juice from fresh beets. Take 100 g of liquid, mix with 2 tbsp. l honey. Drink the product after meals twice a day. The recommended course of treatment is 14 days.
- Take ½ tsp. rhizomes and roots of Caucasian hellebore, pour 500 ml of water, boil. After evaporation should be 1 tbsp. liquids. Use a composition of ½ tsp. three times / day. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
- Pour 500 ml of boiling water 2 tbsp. l dried plantain leaf. Insist remedy for 15-20 minutes. Strain the resulting liquid. It is necessary to drink 100-120 ml of infusion 4 times / day. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 onion. Mix the resulting liquid with honey in equal proportions. For the treatment of pleurisy, take 1 tbsp. l twice a day. The course of therapy is 2 weeks.