Condensed milk is a delicacy that has been loved by many since childhood; both kids and adults love it. In addition, condensed milk is an ideal filling for many desserts. Most modern people are accustomed to the store-ready can version. However, knowing how to make condensed milk at home, it will be possible to cook a much more delicious, and most importantly, healthy product. There are some great recipes you should definitely get to know.
Features of the preparation of homemade condensed milk
Here are a few tricks to help you make the dish perfect:
- It is best to take homemade fresh milk. If this could not be found, buy the most pasteurized fat. Milk is allowed to be replaced with the same amount of 25 percent cream.
- For cooking, take a pan with a thick bottom, preferably aluminum or steel. If you are still afraid that the product will burn, then cook not in the usual way, but in a water bath.
- Sugar in the recipe is allowed to be replaced with powdered sugar. Many people prefer to take a store because it contains starch that improves the consistency of the product.
- To make homemade condensed milk homogeneous, add a little soda at the beginning of cooking (at the tip of a teaspoon).
- If you want to vary the recipe for condensed milk, you can add cocoa. If you believe the reviews, this does not affect the sweetness, but gives an unusual coffee flavor to the dish. In addition, tinted condensed milk, cooked at home, will look beautiful in a finished cake or dessert.
- It will be possible to make milk thicker and sweeter by replacing ordinary sugar with cane sugar.
- Condensed milk is best stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- If you cook the mixture for longer, pour it into special molds and cool, you will get aromatic toffee.
- The more sugar you add, the sweeter the dish will turn out and cook faster.
- Butter is often added to homemade condensed milk. It makes it softer, but it is worth remembering that the presence of this ingredient shortens the shelf life.
- To thicken the mixture with any components, ordinary baking soda will help better.
- Vanillin will give homemade condensed milk a delicious aroma.
Step-by-step recipes for condensed milk
A product made at the factory is not as tasty as homemade; preservatives are added to it during the production process, which can harm the body. It is much better to learn how to cook condensed milk yourself from natural ingredients. There are a lot of different manufacturing methods - in a pan, slow cooker, pressure cooker, bread machine, microwave. You must definitely master at least one homemade condensed milk recipe. Try to cook this amazing delicacy, which brings invaluable benefits to the body.
A simple recipe for milk and sugar
- whole cow's milk - 0.5 l (fresh);
- sugar - 150-250 g (depending on what degree of sweetness you want to get);
- baking soda - a pinch.
- Take a deep container. Pour in milk, pour sugar, soda.
- Put a pan on the stove, stir the mass periodically. Wait until the milk is one third less.
- When the mixture becomes thicker and takes on a creamy tint, remove it from the stove, pour it into a jar. This usually takes about an hour and a half.
- The calorie content of homemade condensed milk is approximately 340 calories per 100 grams.
- Important: do not try to make the fire stronger so that the condensed milk boils faster, as it will only burn. Cook all the time at the same temperature.
From milk powder
- powdered milk - 150 g;
- sugar - 150 g;
- pasteurized milk - 150 ml.
- Take a small pan, pour milk into it and put it in a water bath. Wait for it to warm. Pour in powdered milk gradually, without ceasing to whisk the mixture with a whisk. If you start the process too early, the powder will not dissolve.
- When you are sure that there are no lumps, add sugar. Continue to mix thoroughly.
- Boil the condensed milk in the bath for about an hour. Hinder her very often. The fire should be weak.
- If you want condensed milk at home to be thick and reminiscent of a toffee to taste, cook it for another 20 minutes. If the consistency suits you, remove the mixture from the heat and transfer to another container.
From goat milk
- fresh goat milk - 0.5 l;
- sugar - 250 g;
- soda - a pinch.
- Take a thick-walled pan, pour in the milk, immediately pour soda there, put on a slow fire. When warmer, add sugar.
- Cook condensed milk often stirring until it becomes golden, as in the photo.
- Pour it into jars, cool and cover with iron lids. Store exclusively in the refrigerator for no more than two to three weeks.
From baby formula
- milk - 250 ml;
- sugar - 0.24 kg;
- dry infant formula - 90-100 grams.
- In a separate container, mix dry ingredients.
- Heat milk in a water bath, gradually pour sugar with baby food there, stir constantly to prevent lumps.
- Cook until cooked (about an hour).
- If you are thinking about how to make a delicious condensed milk at home in a multicooker, set the "Extinguishing" mode and first fill the bowl with dry ingredients, and then gradually pour the milk. Cooking time will be an hour and a half, it all depends on what consistency you would like to get.
Made of cream
- cream - 800 ml;
- sugar - 400 g;
- butter - 50 g;
- milk - 200 ml;
- vanillin - a bag.
- Heat the milk in a water bath. Make a very small fire, because boiling should not be.
- Dissolve butter in milk, add cream, vanillin.
- Stir the ingredients constantly, add a little sugar. Before boiling, it must completely dissolve.
- Cook condensed milk until it becomes yellowish. The consistency should result in a viscous fluid. As practice shows, condensed milk with cream is cooked much faster. Cooking time is reduced by about half.
- If you are satisfied with the resulting condensed milk, remove it from the heat, cool, store in the refrigerator.
How to roll condensed milk in jars
You can prepare a treat for the future and use it as a filling for cakes, pancakes. You already know how to make condensed milk at home, but you also need to know how to roll it into cans. If you plan to preserve the product, then whatever recipe you choose, be sure to add a little soda. It not only makes condensed milk more uniform, but also contributes to long-term storage.
For preservation, you will need deep dishes: mix three parts of fresh milk and one part of sugar, add a little bit of soda. Put the container on the stove, wait for it to boil, reduce the heat to a minimum. Stir the condensed milk periodically until it turns yellow-brown. When the density suits you, remove the container from the stove. Let the mixture cool slightly, pour over pre-sterilized jars, roll up. Store in cold conditions.
Video recipes: how to cook condensed milk at home
Watch a few videos. Thanks to them, you will learn how to cook condensed milk in a jar, get acquainted with the quickest and easiest recipes. With the help of video materials, you will personally see that the process of preparing condensed milk is simple and there is absolutely no reason to buy this product in a store. Learn to cook and experiment with desserts with an educational video.