Litchi is a small fruit known for its amazing taste and aroma that can grow in tropical climates. A reddish exotic fruit with a dense skin has a large supply of nutrients that can bring many benefits to the body.
What is lychee
Lychee plants are common in Southeast Asia and other tropical climates. Fruits are berries, covered with a dense reddish-colored shell, having a sweet and sour taste. The product, which is the second name of "Chinese plum", is widely used by culinary specialists to create jam, stewed fruit, sweet sauces at home, is used in traditional medicine.
How lychee grows
Lychee tree can grow in China, Japan, other countries of Asia, America, Africa in tropical climates. An adult plant reaches a height of 15-20 m. The yield is 80-140 kg of fruit per year. Fruit tree of Chinese wild strawberries begins in about 20 years. The formation of a stable trunk takes a four-year period. Fruits are united by clusters on which grows from 3 to 15 berries.
At home, you can plant the fruit with a bone, providing good drainage and soil moisture. However, experts believe that it is better to use cuttings. For successful cultivation, not only the earth, but also the air must be moistened. If you want a tropical fruit to grow at home, sprinkle it abundantly and water it. You will need to additionally highlight the plant in winter.
What does a lychee look like?
In the photo and pictures of the lychee, the berry resembles strawberries collected in bunches. The fruits have an egg-shaped, peel of a bright pink color, covered with small pimpled formations. The shell is very dense, but easy to clean. Fruit in Asian countries is often called the "dragon's eye" due to the translucent flesh and large dark bone. They pick fruits together with branches, since individually picked ones deteriorate very quickly.
Feeling the taste of lychee, you will understand that it resembles a mixture of grapes, honey and kiwi with a sweet and sour strawberry flavor. By this quality, Chinese strawberries are very sweet, but juicy and fresh. Some fruits have pronounced acidity. You can feel the real taste by eating only fresh fruits, however, dried and canned are not without appeal. Exotic product will appeal to children and adults. You can eat a lot at a time, while the pulp of the fruit will not cause a feeling of heaviness inside the abdomen or stomach.
Useful properties of lychee
What is lychee fruit - benefit and harm, is determined by the substances that are contained in the composition of the fetus:
- vitamins (C, H, K, E, group B);
- pure water;
- complex carbohydrates;
- sugar (the amount depends on the region of growth of the tree);
The benefits of lychee are a rich mineral cocktail, which is represented by a combination of:
All components contained in the fetus have a beneficial effect on the state of the body. The beneficial effect is expressed in supporting the nervous, cardiovascular, digestive and other systems of the human body. The pulp is characterized by the presence of a small amount of calories: about 70 kcal per 100 g of product. Vitamins support the immune system and overall body tone in good condition. Daily use of the fruit fresh, dried or canned is of particular benefit in certain diseases.
In eastern medicine, lychee is widely used due to the benefits that the fetus can bring to people:
- Exotic fruit contains potassium, which has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system, removing excess cholesterol.
- The fetus is considered an effective aphrodisiac, has a tonic effect.
- The high water content determines the ability of the fruit to quench thirst.
- It is recommended to use the fetus if you want to lose extra pounds, since it normalizes the activity of the gastrointestinal tract, intestinal microflora, and helps fight chronic constipation. In addition, the berry dulls the feeling of hunger, gives a feeling of satiety, which is why lychee is useful for weight loss.
- The complex of vitamins in the composition of the berry successfully fights vitamin deficiency.
- Tropical fruit is good for people who suffer from anemia because it contains a lot of iron.
- The fetus has found widespread use in cancer prevention. Oncology with its help is treated using a combination with lemongrass.
- The medicinal properties of lychee are useful in diabetes and hypoglycemia.
- It should be used for stomach ulcers, gastritis, diseases of the liver, kidneys and pancreas.
- High levels of vitamin C are good for the immune system.
In Chinese traditional medicine, a lychee drink is used, which is tea brewed on the basis of the dried peel of the fruit of the plant. Drinking is used to treat and prevent neurosis, relieve fatigue, and get rid of depression. Also known decoctions of flowers and seeds. The first remedy will help cope with a sore throat. The infusion has a diuretic effect. The drug from the seeds is able to relieve pain with neuralgia.
In stores, black lychee tea is common. The drink can be consumed cold and hot with sugar and milk or cream. Liquid will help restore body tone, give vitality. Drinking tea with the addition of the peel of Asian wild strawberries, you replenish the reserves of vitamin C, which improves immunity and successfully fights against free radicals.
You can often find canned lychees on store shelves. They will be an excellent substitute for the usual desserts. Fruits are low in calories, so they are suitable for people who follow diets. Lychee has a pleasant aroma and sweet taste, while having only 14 g of carbohydrates in the composition. Canned fruit is good because it is available to the consumer at any time of the year.
In modern cosmetology, lychee extract is widely used. The substance has a beneficial effect on dry and sensitive, making it soft, saturating with moisture. This component is used to make anti-aging cosmetics. Means contribute to the fight against aging and withering of the skin, reduce the level of harm caused by the environment. The extract contains salts and antioxidants that soothe and bring health to the skin.
Along with the beneficial properties of the fruit, experts highlight the contraindications of lychee:
- renal failure, severe liver disease;
- age up to 3 years;
- the occurrence of an allergy to substances in the composition.
- pregnancy - acceleration of lipid metabolism can cause a miscarriage.